Friday, November 26, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Today in Seoul it's -3'C. Being born and raised in a tropical country, this temperature to me was unthinkable. But if you see me now, in my complete layered regala, you would think I've braved this weather all my life. That is just me taking it out on winter clothing. Underneath all that fur, I am cursing every negative degree found in Celsius. But tomorrow in just 3 clicks of my heels, I will be over the rainbow where it is 30'C. I will take no cellphone, I will check rien de emails, I will not log on Facebook, I will not blog. I won't have to cook a single meal for 10 days, there will be housekeeping, and I can wear shorts. Now that truly sounds like the other end of the rainbow when you come to think of it!

Where is that suitcase?

"When we truly care for ourselves, it becomes possible to care far more profoundly about other people. The more alert and sensitive we are to our own needs, the more loving and generous we can be towards others" - Eda LeShan, children's author.

No comments: